We have creating Latino Leadership Initiative (LLI) to train local Latino students to be leaders, not only in words, but in action. We have (2012-2021) trained some 250 participants from 5 different colleges in four Washington counties.
LLI graduation requires completion of a project to assist the community with real and tangible results. We will emphasize helping young latinos to graduate from high school, because too many Latino kids are dropping out of school, and that affects the future of entire families.
This program aims to teach our youth to be multiplying agents, i.e. not only worry about their own betterment, but also the personal and social development of the people who surround them. A true leader inspires others to be better.
We need your help to fund this project. We will keep all donors informed about the use of funds and the results of the projects. Any amount helps. If we all donated the amount of a ticket or non-essential item we bought in the last six months, we would have enough to fund this program. Support opportunities appear in several places on the site starting here.
As this leadership Institute is administered by Latino Education & Training Institute (LETI), every contribution is tax deductible.
Thank you for your generosity.
Alumni and friends of LLI are welcome to submit articles to the editor. Los ex-alumnos y amigos del sitio se invitan a someter artículos al editor.
- LLI 2024 1st Immersion Seminar
- LLI 2024 Kick-Off
- LLI 2024 Orientation
- 2023 - 2024 LLI Information and Updates
- UW/Bothell Shares LLI Experience
- LLI Program Information
- LETI's LLI Program Article
- EPA Invites Youth to Serve on National Environmental Youth Advisory Council
- 2023 LLI Graduation
- LLI 2023 Student Presentations
- LLI Launches Alumni Association
- Mental Health Matters Events
- Immersion session features Sixta Morel
- Leadership program resumes in-person sessions